|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Payroll Supervisor, performs payroll administration, payroll and scheduling system data duties to support the Payroll Department. The position will assist the Payroll Manager, Payroll Supervisor and other team members in all levels of payroll and system scheduling tasks to provide the best customer service to the team members and management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides customer service by resolving payroll discrepancies and answering team member payroll requests.
* Provides customer service for system scheduling discrepancies and support questions.
* Conducts team member orientation and provides ongoing training for payroll and scheduling tasks.
* Assists with the maintenance & administration of the pay card program.
* Verifies and enters team member direct deposit forms.
* Enters all tax reporting information for team members in the payroll system.
* Reviews Personnel Action Forms (PAF) and other payroll documents to maintain accurate team member data.
* Prepares scheduled and ad hoc reports by exporting data from the payroll processing and scheduling systems to meet organization requests.
* Enters all garnishments into team members’ records.
* Processes all termination paperwork.
* Ensures all changes and paperwork are completed prior to bi-weekly payroll processing.
* Supports bi-weekly payroll process; prints checks and direct deposit slips; runs payroll reports and enters adjustments to team members’ PTO balance.
* Files all team member documents electronically.
* Maintains confidentially of all team member’s information.
* Maintains all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus two (2) years payroll or system scheduling experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, assault, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Experience with electronic payroll and scheduling systems.
* Knowledge of payroll practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of team member’s tax regulations.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Ability to accurately enter information into computer systems.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Skill in operating business computers including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word and Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required.