Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two years experience as a painter. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of use of painting tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in painting work.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
* Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
* Ability to select, mix, and apply surface coatings which successfully match and/or restore interior or exterior surfaces.
* Ability to estimate basic project time and material quantity requirements.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skills in wood surface preparation, staining, and/or sealing techniques.
* Skills in selecting and applying paint and associated products.
* Skills in applying coatings and/or caulking and completing repairs to exterior and interior surfaces.
* Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.