Painter (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs routine to moderately complex surface preparation, painting, and finishing tasks, applying a variety of methods, media, and techniques to both interior and exterior surfaces.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Applies paints, sealers, and solvents to exterior and interior building surfaces such as plaster, sheetrock, concrete, and wood.
* Performs building exterior and interior caulking, finish repair, mud and tape, and texturing tasks.
* Operates equipment such as airless spray equipment, scaffolding, and motorized lifts.
* Uses mechanized high-reach equipment to renew caulking on exterior building panel seams, windows, and doors.
* Performs special refinishing tasks including wood surface preparation, staining, and sealing.
* Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
* Performs minor plaster repair, blending newly renovated wall surfaces with existing plaster.
* Surveys building painting project sites to estimate time and material quantities required; selects appropriate surface coatings.
* Attends mandatory training.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years experience as a painter. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of use of painting tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in painting work.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
* Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
* Ability to select, mix, and apply surface coatings which successfully match and/or restore interior or exterior surfaces.
* Ability to estimate basic project time and material quantity requirements.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skills in wood surface preparation, staining, and/or sealing techniques.
* Skills in selecting and applying paint and associated products.
* Skills in applying coatings and/or caulking and completing repairs to exterior and interior surfaces.
* Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.