Multi-Media Artist (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix Director of Casino Marketing, designs and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs as well create art and copy layouts for material to be presented by other visual communications media.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
* Designs computer-based, Web-based, or multimedia-based layout, graphics, animation, video, sound and/or content for use in presentations, video productions, multimedia programs, Web sites, CDs, DVDs, emails, and other electronic media.
* Creates two-dimensional and three-dimensional images, if required.
* Secures illustrative or photography materials from outside sources.
* Conceptualizes, designs, and produces promotional and visual materials such as flyers, ads, brochures, logos, signage, and displays.
* Proofreads and edits copy for space.
* Obtains approval of concept by submitting designs for approvals to Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix Director of Casino Marketing.
* Prioritizes, tracks, handles, and maintains records of the elements costs, and time schedules of multiple projects.
* Tracks and schedules multimedia programs.
* Coordinates the printing production process to ensure quality: writes printing and other reproduction specifications (selects ink, paper, and print quality); inspects proofs for accuracy; recommends contractors (typesetters, printers, illustrators, photographers, cartographers).
* Coordinates a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
* Use independent judgment, innovation, and creativity while simultaneously considering budget and audience.
* Establishes and maintains Content Management System and launching new and/or updated content to the website.
* Maintains, schedules and uploads files to the Voice messaging system.
* Responsible for posting of material on social media sites and reviews and responds to comments.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
* Conducts inventories and maintains graphic supplies and materials.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts or related field plus 2 years of multimedia experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Demonstrated proficiency and experience with the Macintosh operating system must have strong proficiency with design software; Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Quark Express, Adobe Flash in addition to Adobe Premier or other video editing/creating software.
* Knowledge of the functions, structure, and policies and procedures of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
* Knowledge of terminology used regarding supplies, materials, tools, and equipment.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design and multimedia.
* Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements.
* Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
* Ability to analyze and interpret user graphic requirements.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with the public and team members.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prepare and maintain written records and reports.
* Ability to analyze graphic and technical information and create interpretive illustrations.
* Ability to learn technical procurement procedures.
* Budget development and management skills as related to the production of new digital or traditional media communications.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including word-processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate to high noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.