Marketing Database Manager (PHX)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Director of Casino Marketing, the Marketing Database Manager is responsible for maintaining the security, integrity and precision of the database as it relates to all player reinvestment activities. This position is responsible for developing budgets, strategies, communications and operational procedures for player reinvestment programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Recommends and implements approved player reinvestment campaigns and offers.
* Maintains acceptable and reliable timelines for execution.
* Creates a list of active, inactive, player segments, and player activity.
* Tracks, at a minimum of one time a month, player segments.
* Maintains database, produces accurate listing for player reinvestment campaigns.
* Maintains records of mail offers, response rates, and volume.
* Offers advice, counsel and thoughts on offers, response rates and future database activities.
* Maintains marketing program Return on Investment (ROI) and Profit and Loss (P&L).
* Maintains a monthly summary of each campaign with statistics and sample copies of all tiers within the programs.
* Develops performance analysis on projected programs to ensure marketing strategy within company guidelines.
* Reviews results financially, statistically and operationally. Makes recommendations to improve future campaign results where applicable.
* Manages internal and external staff to facilitate all steps in the player reinvestment campaign execution process.
* Manages internal acquisition lists from all departments and update weekly report of usage for each list.
* Works with analysis to understand opportunities in the database and pulls accurate player lists.
* Creates job jacket, (both physical and electronic) for new and ongoing projects as they are assigned.
* Manages all campaigns from creation to completion.
* Reviews, develops, and designs data models in conjunction with application and translate into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
* Monitors competitive reinvestment activities and incorporate this knowledge into all activities.
* Establishes and maintains multiple levels of quality control standards for campaigns and vendors.
* Submits marketing programs accurately and within assigned timelines for tribal gaming approval based on established internal guidelines.
* Develops and communicates property position and brand in the copy and creative of player reinvestment programs.
* Reviews and approves player reinvestment creative & copy for accuracy prior to printing.
* Assists in maintaining a monthly budget, showing budget to actual expenses in all player reinvestment areas.
* Attaches monthly variance/exception reports to each monthly review as applicable.
* Monitors data entry standards for player reinvestment.
* Conducts meetings to ensure that all appropriate parties fully understand goals and methods of the player reinvestment programs.
* Attends weekly marketing and operational meetings to communicate with management on business need periods and communication of active programs.
* Keeps abreast of industry changes and developments related to data management, postal regulations and print/mail processes.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years experience in direct mail, player reinvestment, or database marketing. 2 of the 5 years of which must have been in the casino industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications
* Must possess excellent analytical skills.
* Knowledge of SQL, Access, Crystal and Excel.
* Knowledge of database management.
* Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
* Knowledge of data review methods and techniques to keep current.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles, budgets, monthly P&Ls and overall financial practices.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and marketing in a customer service oriented environment.
* Knowledge of report writing, communications at multiple levels of an organization, MS Office proficient, and demonstrated working knowledge of database structures.
* Skill in database mining, cross-tabulation, NCOA, and list management.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines within assigned timelines.
* Ability to represent the company as a professional at all times.
* Ability to analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customer, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Skill in communications.
* Skill in interpersonal relations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6913