Marketing Database Coordinator
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Marketing Database Manager, the Marketing Database Coordinator is responsible for supporting and maintaining the execution and implementation of database strategies to maintain the security, integrity and precision of the database as it relates to all player reinvestment activities. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Uses Casino Management System and other applications to create and implement approved player reinvestment campaigns and offers according to Department standards.
* Participates in the planning and establishment of goals and objectives for database marketing, with respect to budgets, player reinvestment, player development, promotions/lotteries, internal and external communication, analysis, facility requirements, technology updates, equipment, logistical requirements, and other related issues.
* Maintains acceptable and reliable timelines for execution.
* Extracts lists of active, inactive, player segments, and player activity.
* Tracks, at a minimum of one time a month, player segments.
* Maintains database, produces accurate listing for player reinvestment campaigns.
* Maintains records of mail offers, response rates, and volume.
* Maintains marketing program ROI and P&L
* Maintains a monthly summary of each campaign with statistics and sample copies of all tiers within the programs
* Responsible for maintaining absolute confidentiality of all written and oral information.
* Collaborates with other departments and within the marketing department to schedule, plan, implement and use analysis for all promotions/events, player development and database promotions.
* Creates job jacket, (both physical and electronic) for new and ongoing projects as they are assigned.
* Inputs all campaigns from creation to completion.
* Organizes competitive reinvestment activities and incorporate this knowledge into all activities for review.
* Follows established multiple levels of quality control standards for campaigns and vendors.
* Submits marketing programs accurately and within assigned timelines for tribal gaming approval based on established internal guidelines as approved by Marketing Database Manager.
* Implements and communicates property position and brand in the copy and creative of player reinvestment programs as approved by Marketing Database Manager and Advertising Manager.
* Reviews and approves player reinvestment creative & copy for accuracy prior to printing.
* Attaches monthly variance/exception reports to each monthly review as applicable.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing plus 2 years experience in business- to- customer marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must have experience in the following marketing areas: direct mail, player reinvestment, or database marketing. Gaming experience preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications
- Must possess excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines within assigned timelines.
- Ability to represent the company as a professional at all times.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customer, regulatory agencies, or member of the business community.
- Ability to maintain vendor contracts for the company, which offer competitive pricing, high quality performance and adequate protection.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to assess and establish priorities for assigned projects.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and marketing in a guest service oriented environment.
- Knowledge of report writing, communications at multiple levels of an organization, MS Office proficient, and demonstrated working knowledge of database structures.
- Skill in communications.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.