Manager on Duty (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Manager on Duty - Senior, provides departments with assistance, support, and inter-departmental coordination as necessary to achieve the financial, operational, and guest service performance expectations set forth for the shift. Observes shift activity and reports findings and recommendations to the Manager on Duty - Senior.
This list of responsibilities and duties is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Maintains a current and accurate understanding of each departments:
o financial, operational, and guest service expectations,
o objectives, strategies and operational plans,
o special events and promotions
* Maintains a current and accurate understanding of policies and procedures for, and ensuring and coordinating the proper execution of:
o alcohol consumption,
o interaction with external regulators arriving on property,
o departmental disagreements,
o team member suspensions,
o guest problem resolution,
o guest ejections
* Maintains a working knowledge of Internal Controls, Human Resources Policies and Procedures, Departmental Policies and Procedures, and job descriptions of each department on the shift.
* Provides continual assistance, support, and inter-departmental coordination to all team members and guests as necessary to achieve the financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth for the property.
* Exchanges current information continuously throughout the shift with each department’s management personnel.
* Ensures compliance with all State and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Acquires a thorough knowledge of the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) Regulations.
* Ensures smooth interaction between all departments and all guests during the shift.
* Ensures all pertinent information regarding the shift is communicated in a clear, concise, and complete manner, in a timely and consistent manner, to the Manager on Duty - Senior and other Managers on Duty.
* Resolves guest complaints and problems immediately and effectively
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Regularly attends meetings as directed by the General Manager.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Creates and maintains a positive image of the property, operations, team members, and casino owners on the shift to all guests, local communities, and regulatory agencies.
* Performs all duties with excellent service to both internal and external guests.
* Consistently and visibly role modeling the behavior and appearance desired of all team members on the shift.
* Performs continual observations and inspections, and formally reporting findings and recommendations for:
o compliance with policies, procedures, and controls,
o improvements to operational effectiveness,
o condition and operation of physical plant, property, and equipment,
o status of secured areas,
o quality control checks in the kitchen, restaurant and lounge,
o proper team member staffing levels,
o effectiveness and performance,
o improvements for better using assets and personnel on the shift
* Performs all duties required of the Manager on Duty as stated in the Policies and Procedures and System of Internal Controls including, but not limited to, signing forms and approving gaming transactions.
* Performs other duties as required
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree plus seven (7) years varied experience in the operational aspects of the gaming industry; three (3) of seven (7) years of which must have been in department management experience including supervising personnel; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and guest service.
* Knowledge of slot machine, Table Games, Poker, Bingo, and food and beverage operations in the casino environment.
* Knowledge of Title 31 requirements and training program.
* Knowledge of computer utilization in marketing/business operations.
* Knowledge of software systems.
* Ability to interact effectively with Tribal, State, and National Regulatory Officials.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to analyze reports.
* Ability to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
* Ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
* Ability to write and implement departmental procedures as necessary.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions and percentages.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Skill in professional management techniques.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate to high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.