Maintenance Technician Intern (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, and/or guidance of a maintenance specialist or technician acquires the knowledge and skills of facilities maintenance operations to obtain minimum requirements for a Maintenance Tech position. This position is an opportunity to learn and acquire the skills and knowledge associated with facilities maintenance in Native American gaming and offers on-the-job training. Once the minimum qualifications are meet for the maintenance tech position, the Maintenance Tech Intern will be expected to apply for the position and be interviewed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* The Maintenance Tech Intern will be required to assist and/or perform a variety of maintenance tasks under the direction of maintenance personnel in all aspects of facility maintenance, repair and renovations.
* Maintains good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Must be an enrolled Tohono O’odham tribal member. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of the use of basic hand tools.
* Ability to learn from other professionals and hands on experience.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in Basic English.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work in a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.