Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs preventive maintenance, repair, and renovation on facilities and grounds.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Repairs and maintains physical structures of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise Facilities.
* Performs plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry maintenance and repairs such as replacing solenoid valves, switches, relays and thermostats, rewiring, small construction build outs, repairs and refinishes furniture, installing plumbing pipe and related plumbing fixtures, unstopping clogged sinks, toilets, drains and garbage disposals, resetting circuit breakers, replacing cord caps and light switches, makes minor repairs to heating, refrigeration, air conditioning units and other electrical equipment; repairs damaged walls and doors; paints inside and outside building walls.
* Uses power and hand tools to perform repair and maintenance work.
* Repairs and installs kitchen equipment.
* Alternate ON-CALL shifts and work shift work.
* Performs all types of tile work, carpet repairs, chair and table repair.
* Drive trucks to transport materials and supplies.
* Order parts and supplies.
* Follow proper procedure when ordering and purchasing parts and submitting paper work.
* Replaces defective lighting problems and makes the necessary repairs.
* Refinishes concrete work on floors, walkways, and other projects.
* Paints structures, repairs plaster and woodwork with carpenter tools.
* Repairs or replaces mechanical equipment in buildings as needed.
* Repairs or replaces routine plumbing fixtures as necessary.
* Performs routine maintenance tasks on the Casino Facilities daily.
* Responsible for the safety and security of personnel within the Casino by ensuring the safety devices are in good working conditions.
* Mixes prepared paints and paints a variety of exterior and interior surfaces.
* Performs small patch plaster jobs.
* Completes general landscaping and street repairs.
* Performs urgent maintenance and repairs including opening sewer blockages,
* Accomplishes clean-up of equipment and shops.
* Attends and participates in meetings and planning sessions.
* Opens, tracks and closes out work orders; conducts data entry on work orders.
* Conducts inventory of materials, re-orders, and stocks materials.
* Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Assists in building emergencies such as fire alarms, water and electrical outages.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two years commercial building maintenance experience. Or four years combined residential and commercial maintenance experience. Familiar with an automated work order system. Must be 18 years of age. Must be able to maintain a valid AZ driver’s license and be insurable. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of rough and finish carpentry.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
* Ability to use hand tools and electrical tools.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability and willingness to learn theory and principles, and to become certified in a variety of building trades.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to obtain fork lift certification.
* Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
* Skills in diagnosing and repair of equipment utilized.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.