Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus Four years technical experience in commercial building maintenance field; electrical or plumbing experience preferred; or six years equivalent combination of education and experience. Have performed supervisory duties. Familiar with a Computerized Maintenance Management System. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
* Knowledge of commercial fire prevention systems.
* Knowledge of building management systems.
* Knowledge of the operations of a central plant.
* Knowledge of water purification and treatment systems.
* Knowledge of commercial plumbing hardware and operations.
* Knowledge of critical and emergency power distribution systems.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of rough and finish carpentry.
* Knowledge of advanced plumbing, carpentry, electrical and general building repair.
* Knowledge of general maintenance safety practices and precautions.
* Knowledge of concepts of electricity and safety practices related to electricity.
* Ability to use hand and power tools, torch and welder using prescribed safety procedures.
* Ability to use electrical testing equipment and interpret readings.
* Ability to interpret electrical wiring diagrams/drawings.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical problems such as shorts, outages, faulty equipment or other electrical problems.
* Ability to trouble shoot and repair plumbing problems such as leaking pipes, broken valves and other plumbing problems.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability and willingness to learn theory and principles, and to become certified in a variety of building trades.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
* Skills in diagnosing and repair of equipment utilized.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.