Lead Security Officer (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Security Supervisor, responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of the casino’s assets, personnel, customers and all visitors during their assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise assets.
* Responsible for safety operations for the casino through all shifts of the security staff and department.
* Prepares daily shift schedules.
* Maintains attendance records and request for leave.
* Monitors card exchange.
* Summarizes shift activities and makes a seamless transition to the next shift.
* Responsible for secure areas and releases keys to assigned personnel.
* Prepares and submits reports as required, including patrol log.
* Patrols the casino premises, lobbies, corridors, bar, and parking areas.
* Confers with management on any detection of infringements or situations worthy of investigation.
* Escorts patrons from the casino who are causing a disturbance. May contact local Law Enforcement Agencies for assistance.
* Circulates amongst patrons to ensure their safety by being visible.
* Patrols the parking areas for any suspicious activities.
* Cooperates with local Law Enforcement Agencies in apprehending anyone involved in criminal activity.
* Performs the position of Security Supervisor during their absence.
* Provides First Aid/CPR until advanced care arrives.
* If necessary, will assist in the opening and closing procedures in the casino areas.
* Provides information and directions to guests.
* Ensures equipment is clean and in working order and that uniforms are clean and complete.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Investigates all reports of accident and injury at the casino and makes findings known to the Risk and Safety Manager for proper documentation.
* Escorts personnel in and out of secure areas.
* Escorts money exchanges to different areas within the Casino.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, and no arrests in the past year except minor traffic violations. One (1) year security experience required. Must be 18 years of age or older. Casino security experience preferred. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and public/customer service skills in a casino environment.
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format
* Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement.
* Ability to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
* Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to maintain a clean driving record.
* Ability to use good judgment and foresight.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to walk and stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member occasionally is required to taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to pass the STEP Fitness Exam.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.