Lead Pastry Cook
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Be part of our Team!
Under direct supervision of the Executive Pastry Chef, prepares bakery and pastry goods sheet for the assigned area. Delegating tasks/jobs to prep cooks, pastry cooks. Firm understanding of menus or prep sheets, advanced knowledge of basic culinary techniques and methods.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Cooks and prepares a variety of foods, quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
* Use and learns proper knife skills, cooking and baking techniques, methods and terminology.
* Understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
* Clearly communicates with Executive Pastry Chef and subordinate team members.
* Maintains and communicate with Pastry team members regarding the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
* Maintains daily tracking logs.
* Delegates assigned tasks to the pastry cooks.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
* Ensuring that all venues are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
* Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
* Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
* Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
* Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED plus three years recent experience as a baker or pastry cook; at least one year of supervisory experience as a bakery or pastry lead or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers Card. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second hand smoke, and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Management.
Generous Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
401(K) Retirement Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Free or Reduced Cost Meals