Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED plus three years recent experience as a baker or pastry cook; at least one year of supervisory experience as a bakery or pastry lead or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers Card. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of kitchen equipment, utensils, tools and machinery.
* Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
* Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in basic English.
* Ability to create and maintain daily prep sheets and logs.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to be organized and coordinate tasks amongst team members and subordinates.
* Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
* Ability to prepare and produce a variety of food.
* Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
* Knowledge of basic foods and there uses.
* Knowledge of all food safety regulations.
* Ability to teach culinary methods, techniques and principles to pastry cooks in clear manner.
* Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second hand smoke, and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Management.