Lead Pastry Cook (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Pastry Sous Chef, prepares bakery and pastry goods sheet for the assigned area. Delegating tasks/jobs to prep cooks, pastry cooks. Firm understanding of menus or prep sheets, advanced knowledge of basic culinary techniques and methods.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Cooks and prepares a variety of foods, quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
* Use and learns proper knife skills, cooking and baking techniques, methods and terminology.
* Understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
* Clearly communicates with Pastry Chefs and subordinate team members.
* Maintains and communicate with Pastry Chefs the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
* Maintains daily tracking logs.
* Delegates assigned tasks to the pastry cooks.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
* Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
* Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
* Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Ensuring that all venues are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
* Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED preferred plus seven (7) years recent experience as a baker or pastry cook; at least 1 year of supervisory experience as a bakery or pastry lead; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in basic English.
* Ability to create and maintain daily prep sheets and logs.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to be organized and coordinate tasks amongst team members and subordinates.
* Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
* Ability to prepare and produce a variety of food.
* Knowledge of kitchen equipment, utensils, tools and machinery.
* Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
* Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
* Knowledge of basic foods and there uses.
* Knowledge of all food safety regulations.
* Ability to teach culinary methods, techniques and principles to pastry cooks in clear manner.
* Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second hand smoke, and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Management.