Lead Multi-Media Artist (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Advertising Manager, designs and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs as well create art and copy layouts for material to be presented by other visual communications media.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists the team with ideas and provide them with creative input for new designs.
* Collaborates with team making sure all essential design specifications are implement with accuracy.
* Assists in the recruitment and training of Multi-Media Artists. Training will include all aspects of the position.
* Meets regularly with the Advertising Manager to discuss opportunities for overall creative improvements.
* Stays current with technology and design strategies and puts this knowledge to use for the benefit of the Enterprise.
* Promotes an environment for innovation and creativity to ensure new ideas are encouraged.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
* Designs computer-based, Web-based, or multimedia-based layout, graphics, animation, video, sound and/or content for use in presentations, video productions, multimedia programs, Web sites, CDs, DVDs, emails, and other electronic media.
* Creates two-dimensional and three-dimensional images, if required.
* Secures illustrative or photography materials from outside sources.
* Conceptualizes, designs, and produces promotional and visual materials such as flyers, ads, brochures, logos, signage, and displays.
* Proofreads and edits copy for space.
* Obtains approval of concept by submitting designs for approvals to Advertising Manager.
* Prioritizes, tracks, handles, and maintains records of the element’s costs, and time schedules of multiple projects.
* Tracks and schedules multimedia programs.
* Coordinates the printing production process to ensure quality: writes printing and other reproduction specifications (selects ink, paper, and print quality); inspects proofs for accuracy; recommends contractors (typesetters, printers, illustrators, photographers, cartographers).
* Coordinates a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
* Uses independent judgment, innovation, and creativity while simultaneously considering budget and audience.
* Establishes and maintains Content Management System and launching new and/or updated content to the website.
* Maintains, schedules and uploads files to the Voice messaging system.
* Responsible for posting of material on social media sites and reviews and responds to comments.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
* Conducts inventories and maintains graphic supplies and materials.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or a similar field with specialization in multi-media required, plus five (5) years of multimedia experience or equivalent qualifying combination of education and experience. Three (3) years of gaming experience preferred. Demonstrated proficiency and experience with the Macintosh operating system must have strong proficiency with design software; Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photo Shop, Quark Express, Adobe Flash in addition to Adobe Premier or other video editing/creating software. Must be 21 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license, and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of the latest technology that has become industry standard
* Knowledge of the functions, structure, and policies and procedures of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise
* Knowledge of terminology used regarding supplies, materials, tools, and equipment
* Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design and multimedia
* Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements
* Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment
* Ability to develop quick design ideas and ensure that all deadlines are followed
* Ability to analyze and interpret user graphic requirements
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with the public and co-workers
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction
* Ability to prepare and maintain written records and reports
* Ability to analyze graphic and technical information and create interpretive illustrations
* Budget development and management skills as related to the production of new digital or traditional media communications
* Ability to learn technical procurement procedures
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including word-processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate to high noise level. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required.