|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Room Chef, prepares food items according to the production sheet for the assigned area. Delegating task/jobs to cooks, firm understanding of menus or prep sheets, advanced knowledge of basic culinary techniques and methods.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooks a variety of foods in quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
- Uses and teach proper knife skills, cooking techniques, cooking methods and terminology.
- Reads, understands, follows, and creates standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
- Maintains and communicates with Room Chef the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
- Maintains daily tracking log.
- Delegates assigned tasks to the cooks, prep cooks, and stewards.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized, and sanitized work area while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Responsible for assigned venue/outlet/ kitchen areas are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
- Ensures that all venues are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
- Responsible for all food storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage), equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized, labeled and dated. As well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
- Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus three years recent experience as a cook; at least one year of supervisory experience as a lead cook/saucier or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers Card. Must be at least 18 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
- Knowledge of Sauce and stock making.
- Knowledge of meat and fish butchery.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to be organized and coordinate task amongst team members and subordinates.
- Ability to read and write.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to prepare a variety of foods. Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Knowledge f basic food and there uses.
- Knowledge of all food and safety regulations.
- Ability to teach culinary methods, techniques and principles to cooks in a clear manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes and steam. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.