Lead Cook (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Assistant Sous Chef, prepares food items according to the production sheet for the assigned area. Delegating task/jobs to cooks, firm understanding of menus or prep sheets, advanced knowledge of basic culinary techniques and methods.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Cooks a variety of foods in quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
* Uses and teach proper knife skills, cooking techniques, cooking methods and terminology.
* Reads, understands, follows, and creates standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
* Maintains and communicates regarding the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
* Maintains daily tracking log.
* Delegates assigned tasks to the Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Kitchen Stewards.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized, and sanitized work area while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Responsible for assigned venue/outlet/ kitchen areas are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
* Ensures that all venues are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
* Responsible for all food storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage), equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized, labeled and dated. As well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
* Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED preferred plus seven (7) years recent experience as a cook; at least 1 year of supervisory experience as a lead cook/saucier or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils maintenance operations.
* Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
* Knowledge of Sauce and stock making.
* Knowledge of meat and fish butchery.
* Knowledge of basic food and there uses.
* Knowledge of all food and safety regulations.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to be organized and coordinate task amongst team members and subordinates.
* Ability to read and write.
* Organizing and coordinating skills.
* Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
* Ability to prepare a variety of foods. Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
* Ability to teach culinary methods, techniques and principles to cooks in a clear manner.
* Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to
communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes and steam. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.