Kitchen Steward (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Room Chef & Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Venue Manager. Job requires washing, sanitizing, organizing and replenishment of all dishes, utensils, equipment, food storage areas, floors and food preparation areas.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping all equipment, utensils and containers clean and ready for use.
- Cleans floors, walls, wash tubs, counters, and shelves; cleans mop sink area.
- Empties boxes and trash.
- Properly disposes of grease and garbage left in pots and pans.
- Defrosts and clean refrigerators and iceboxes.
- Dumps and cleans the garbage can.
- Stocks serving stations with dishes and utensils.
- Keeps all work areas free of trash, clean and organized.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
- Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- Ability to understand and follow through with all assigned tasks.
- Ability to clearly communicate with Room Chefs and Venue Managers.
- Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
- Awareness and operates within proper safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Some experience in the restaurant or kitchen maintenance area is preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
- Ability to be organized.
- Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to obtain food handler’s permit.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all management.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, second-hand smoke, high noise level and steam. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are expected. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.