IT Trainer (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the IT Applications Assistant Manager - Development, the IT Trainer’s role is to create and deliver training to end-users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs, efficiently and effectively, in support of business objectives. This individual is responsible for designing, delivering, and improving in-house applications training programs and related courseware.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Coordinates with department heads to assess applications training needs and objectives.
* Develops and coordinates an overall IT applications training curriculum for end-users of all levels.
* Assesses and recommends, courseware packages, and support development of appropriate courseware tools for IT software solutions.
* Participates in the identification and recruitment of instructors and external course providers for specialized software training needs.
* Conducts research into computer-based training products and services.
* Assists in software implementations to ensure that training provided by vendors meets requirements and that after go-live, training can be provided by IT.
* Designs, develops, and delivers applications training programs and individual classes, including all course materials, exercises, and skill evaluations.
* Presents instructor-led training sessions.
* Business Analyst to migrate training into test plans. Ensure that we are testing everything that we are training.
* Recommends and creates various forms of ongoing documentation and training materials (Checklists, quick reference list,).
* Establishes and maintains training environments for major systems.
* Creates and communicates training schedules in consultation with departmental decision makers.
* Establishes and maintains a database to track training participants’ status and exam results.
* Creates and administers training event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses.
* Work with IT Applications to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in applications as software changes, modify training materials and retrain employees as required.
* Communicate applications defects and issues to applications development and support teams.
* Manages classroom schedule and produce a monthly calendar of classes.
* Maintains good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or education; or 5 years equivalent work experience. 2 years programming experience in computer based training software (UPK preferred). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Experience with learning principles, methodologies, curriculum development, and course design techniques.
* Experience with building and maintaining course and participant databases.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on motivational skills and positive attitude.
* Ability to conduct research into course development and delivery concepts, as well as technical applications issues.
* Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Very strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift or move up to 45 pounds to perform system installations/relocations.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Occasional travel between training locations required; sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.