IT Support Supervisor (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix IT Support Manager, oversees the daily shift activities of technical support staff. Assists with hardware and software support, problem analysis and resolution, technical assistance, and training for all Support Technicians.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Helps to manage provision of computer support and/or training of Support Technicians.
- Oversees the daily assigned shift activities of Technicians.
- Manages scheduling and payroll activities for assigned shift.
- Selects, trains, orients, and assigns duties to staff; evaluates performance and performs personnel actions.
- Provides information, resolves problems, and advises guests on products and/or services, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Contributes to the procurement, installation, and implementation process of hardware and software.
- Contributes input for the annual budget planning process.
- Supervises routine hardware and software maintenance and is responsible for the proper upkeep and utilization of systems.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the department; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
- Maintains current knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Oversees supplies and parts for IT department.
- Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED; 5 years’ experience in IT Support. Previous Lead or Supervisory experience preferred ; or equivalent combination of education and experience. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and operational coordination of computer use consulting and support services to clients.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on computer hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or mainframe applications and systems.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to resolve guest complaints and concerns.
- Ability to supervise and train team members, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Technical writing skills.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.