IT Software Developer
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the IT Applications Assistant Manager - Development, reviews, analyzes, and modifies the programming systems including coding, testing, and maintenance.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of custom .NET Windows and Web applications that are used throughout the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
* Creates custom reports with complex SQL queries using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
* Works with business systems analyst and/or guests to ensure that requirements are documented and quality software is developed that meets requirements.
* Contributes to all phase of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Designs new modules to improve system efficiency.
* Designs new software programs to support the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) requirements; upgrades programs as required.
* Produces custom and regular reports for end users.
* Communicates with other team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years experience in development/programming; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to operate on a scheduled 24-hour on-call basis. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
* Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
* Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
* Knowledge of, SQL Server, Visual Studio, .Net, and Visual Basic.
* Knowledge of data integrity methods and techniques.
* Ability to program, configure, manage, and maintain the operation of complex relational databases.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and manipulate large, complex data sets.
* Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
* Technical writing skills.
* Ability to install, maintain, modify, and upgrade software.
* Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
* Ability to perform acceptance testing on computer systems, applications, and hardware.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to follow instructions and to abide by departments and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.