IT Project Coordinator
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Reporting to the IT Project Manager, the IT Project Coordinator performs a broad range of project work to provide organizational support and assistance in the planning, coordination and implementation of designated projects for the Enterprise.
The IT Project Coordinator oversees one or more projects on a regular basis and either individually, or as part of a team, assists with project planning, risk management, issue identification/resolution and reporting of project status. The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities include: project communication, schedule management and oversight of the project team members’ individual contributions to the project.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, budgets and preliminary schedules.
* Maintains the Contract Tracking Log.
* Creates project business cases using the project management tool.
* Assists project managers in identifying activities and tasks associated with projects; create project templates.
* Gathers information/requirements for the project deliverables and creates a listing of the project deliverables.
* Assists in the preparation of the project initiation documents.
* Assists in the development of project schedules to ensure project completion timelines adhere to agreed deadlines.
* Assists in the identification and the procurement of project team members.
* Prepares project organization and communication charts.
* Enters, updates and maintains project information in the project tracking tool.
* Utilizes the project management tool to create, implement and maintain project records in support of projects following the established project methodology and procedures including the creation and generation of reports and metric graphs as required for projects.
* Coordinates and manages IT projects or project segments with responsibility for delivering the specified objectives within the specified timeframes.
* Communicates project responsibilities to the project team.
* Reviews activities of project team members to ensure projects progress within the prescribed timeframes and budget.
* Tracks project status information, follows up on issues, resolves routine issues and reports status to management.
* Sends follow-up emails and phone calls to ensure projects remain on schedule and issues are resolved.
* Tracks changes to project deliverables in the project management tool.
* Creates and delivers reports communicating project status and project issues to the Project Manager, Project Team and TOGE Management.
* Prepares and sends project communications to team members.
* Completes weekly reviews of project deliverables & resource allocation.
* Schedules and oversees project meetings and distributes minutes to project team members.
* Assists the project manager in the review of anticipated requisitions to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
* Enters project purchase requests into the Procurement and Project Management Tools.
* Reviews project financial metrics, tracks budgets and escalates as needed to ensure that projects are not over budget and completed as planned.
* Analyzes the project performance, creates the final project assessment and draws up a final project report.
* Ensures all required project close-out documents and completion certificates are obtained.
* Provides backup to other IT Departmental positions as directed by management.
* Problem analysis and solution identification.
* Written communication and documentation standards.
* Responsible for presentations, project organization, time management, task planning, and quality assurance methods.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years project coordinator experience or Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years of administrative support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Experience with collecting and comparing data from different sources, identifying issues and anticipating problems.
* Ability to convey information accurately in a written format and express thoughts effectively in writing.
* Ability to adapt to change and maintain effectiveness in varying circumstances.
* Ability to speak effectively and convincingly with individuals and groups in a formal or informal setting.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Self-motivated and self-directed.
* Ability to work from verbal instructions.
* Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline based environment.
* Ability to develop relations with internal customers, good motivational skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals in an executive or management position.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Good analytical and problem-solving abilities using rational processes.
* Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs and provide advice and guidance.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Must be familiar with project scope and project objectives methodologies as well as the project roles and functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required, occasional travel between property locations may be required. Future relocation may be required.