IT Network Administrator
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the IT Infrastructure Manager Responsible for daily administration of a network/server environment. Installs, configures and maintains system software. Monitors network performance, troubleshoots issues that are more complex and deploys solutions. Plans and implements upgrades, patches, and installation of new applications and equipment. Creates and maintains a disaster recovery, security and backup and restore plan and policy. May conduct evaluation of new technologies to optimize network efficiency and performance. Performs as a specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Administers the network utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols, Cisco infrastructure, and/or one or more UNIX-based and Microsoft based operating systems.
* Ensure Compliance with all state, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Tribal Gaming Regulations.
* Configure, install and maintain all routers, switches, firewall and VPN.
* Evaluates and/or recommends purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software; provides technical consulting services to department/organization regarding use of computers and networks to satisfy business needs.
* Installs, configures, and maintains, networks, Ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems.
* Performs and/or oversees network software and application development, installation, and upgrades; maintains site licenses for department/organization. Examples include Cisco Call Manager, and SecureCRT.
* Plans and implements network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications.
* Analyzes customer service telecommunications needs and current delivery systems and programs, and develops and coordinates the implementation of new and/or enhanced customer service systems and programs, as appropriate.
* Provides support in-person, email, and via telephone for network information services.
* Troubleshoots networks, and network systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
* Project manager for projects to ensure completion by deadline.
* Maintain security of LAN/WAN environment.
* Maintain network and VoIP Infrastructure on a 24/7 basis.
* Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Work with team members to create innovative solutions to technical problems.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Knowledge of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise’s Internal Controls(IC’s) and Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS).
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required plus 5 years as a full-time, hands-on, multi-property Network Administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Cisco CCNA level certification preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
* Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of telecommunication systems.
* Knowledge of Voice over IP (VOIP) telecommunication systems.
* Knowledge of computer hardware and software and telecommunication systems.
* Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software.
* Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages.
* Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
* Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
* Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
* Excellent knowledge of, Cisco IOS, VOIP, VPN, VLAN, and Internet services.
* Excellent knowledge of voice and data communications systems including hardware and software.
* Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and/or related hardware and software.
* Ability to install, configure, and maintain telecommunications systems, and/or related hardware and software.
* Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
* Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users.
* Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance on network hardware and software.
* Ability to analyze and resolve network problems.
* Ability to determine network problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
* Records maintenance skills.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to prepare and produce reports.
* Technical writing skills.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.