IT Applications Administrator
Under direct supervision of the IT Applications Assistant Manager - Administration, provides complex system-level support of multi-user applications, including installation, design, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and support of these systems. Applies best industry practices of security, performance optimization, and training tasks to enable users to maximize productivity. Makes independent decisions concerning applications while adhering to regulatory guidelines.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Analyzes management needs regarding use of integrated data processing equipment or operations and processes.
* Ensures complete coverage of all applications for multi-site environment while adhering to Minimum Internal Control System (MICS) and Policies and Procedures.
* Investigates, plans, implements, tests, and debugs applications software.
* Plans, coordinates, and schedules backup operations and recovery.
* Designs and implements integrated applications to meet organizational requirements.
* Prepares on-line and hard copy documentation of systems and user applications.
* Records and maintains software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access and security.
* Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems independently.
* Performs problem resolution and provides on-call support for applications.
* Ensures proper operation of gaming and non-gaming applications for all properties.
* Creates test environment and tests new applications, updates and patches before deploying.
* Responsible for managing project timelines and ensuring completion.
* Develops recordkeeping procedures and manages appropriate department records in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and standards.
* Maintains applications on a 24/7 basis.
* Maintains good communication team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required plus five (5) years of experience in system administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
* Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
* Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocol.
* Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
* Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
* Ability to analyze operational requirements and assess data processing technology and capacity requirements.
* Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to make financial evaluations and proposals regarding current and/or future hardware and software capabilities/requirements.
* Ability to design, develop, and implement integrated software systems solutions to organizational requirements.
* Ability to develop and write systems and applications documentation and guides for users.
* Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
* Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
* Ability to determine the nature of systems software problems, and to communicate technical guidance and information to users.
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance on systems.
* Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of guests and offer appropriate solutions.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
* Skill in examining and evaluating operations and developing and/or re-engineering operating strategies, systems, and procedures.
* Technical writing skills
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Work may be performed at odd hours or on an "on-call" basis for 24/7 support and emergency purposes. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required