Internal Auditor Intern
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Senior Internal Auditor and general supervision of the Internal Audit Director, gain hands-on experience consistent with guidelines established in the Internal Audit Standards for the audit process to evaluate the Enterprise’s operations and compliance with the National Indian Gaming Commission and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office’s (TOGO) Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS), the Enterprise’s Internal Controls and other regulatory requirements. Performs other related work as assigned. Internship is to last for one (1) year and is intended to provide a career path into the Internal Auditor position.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Learn skills to assist in planning audits and evaluating risks.
* Learn skills to assists in developing audit programs and checklists.
* Develop skills to compare elements of the Internal Control System to Gaming Office Minimum Internal Control Standards and other regulatory requirements.
* Develop skills to evaluate compliance with National Indian Gaming Commission MICS, TOGO MICS, Enterprise Internal Controls, company/department policies and procedures any other regulatory requirements and best practices to learn skills at all Enterprise properties.
* Develop skills to identify and research internal control issues and suggest recommendations for improvement.
* Develop skills to analyze complex procedures, transactions and data.
* Develop skills to observe transactions and activities and interview gaming operation personnel.
* Learn to review and test documentation as required.
* Learn to document work performed and instances of non-compliance through standard (electronic) work paper practice.
* Learn to prepare audit findings to assist in the preparation of draft reports.
* Learn to perform follow-ups on responses to audit findings.
* Attend audit trainings as required to learn audit skills and practices.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or be currently enrolled in a related college program on track to graduate within 24 months. Desire to become an Internal Auditor professional. Must be a Tohono O’odham tribal member. Must be able to travel as necessary to all properties and training events. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
* Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
* Ability to learn from other professionals and hands on experience.
* Ability to learn internal audit standards/practices and accounting principles as applied to the gaming industry.
* Ability to analyze.
* Records maintenance skills.
* Organizational skills.
* Ability to work in a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to work with computerized auditing/accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
* Skill in reviewing and evaluating policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
* Skill in preparing audit workpapers in support of audit work performed.
* Skill in tactfully presenting audit findings and explaining opportunities for improvement in the internal control system.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Must be able to work all shifts, weekdays and weekends as necessary. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Works with confidential, sensitive and/or proprietary information. Travel less than 25%.