Internal Audit Manager
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under supervision of the Director of Internal Audit, assists in the supervision and coaching of the audit staff. Lead the audit staff in the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of the audits as assigned to ensure the gaming operation is in compliance with the NIGC and Tribal Gaming Office Minimum Internal Control Standards, the Enterprises’ Internal Controls and other regulatory requirements. Performs other related work as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Evaluates risks, plan audits, evaluate current and develops new audit programs and checklists.
* Supervises and coaches audit staff in the performance of assigned audits and timely follow-up on responses to audit findings.
* Compares elements of the internal control system to the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office minimum internal control standards and other regulatory requirements.
* Analyzes complex procedures, transactions and data, observe transactions and activities, interviews gaming operation personnel, reviews and tests documentation, and documents in detail work performed through electronic work paper practices in a neat and organized manner.
* Identifies weaknesses in internal controls, areas for process improvement and opportunities for cost savings or process improvements and suggest recommendations for improvements.
* Provides critical review and edits to the staff’s work papers, drafts audit findings and other correspondences to ensure clarity, conciseness, and comprehensibility.
* Prepares audit reports in good form, with recommendations, appraisals, or analyses that will assist the -Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) managers with the proper discharge of their responsibilities.
* Provides regular updates to Director on status of audits.
* Assists the Director in other audit and department administrative responsibilities.
* Assists in the coordinating and facilitating external audits and regulatory examinations.
* Attends audit training as required to maintain/improve audit skills and practices.
* Performs other related work as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. Five (5) years current experience in auditing internal controls, operations and business processes or audit related work, with identifying risks and performing risk assessments. Three (3) of the 5 years experience must have been in a supervisory capacity and in the gaming industry; One of the following required: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license. Must be able to travel as necessary. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
* Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the application of internal auditing theory, standards, procedures and techniques as applied to the gaming industry.
* Excellent planning and administrative skills. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and be responsible for completion of a variety of audit assignments.
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate well and effectively interact with management and team members at various levels and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agencies, casino management, and co-workers.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to work with mathematical concepts relating to auditing and financial analysis. Skill in analyzing detailed computerized reports for accuracy and compliance.
* Skill in reviewing and evaluating policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
* Knowledge of Federal, State and Gaming Office laws, rules, regulations, and procedures related to gaming.
* Skill in working with computerized auditing (TeamMate), accounting (PeopleSoft) software and Microsoft Office products preferred.
* Skill in preparing detailed audit workpapers in support of audit work performed in a neat and organized manner.
* Must have a high degree of professionalism and tact. Skill in tactfully presenting audit findings and explaining opportunities for operational improvements.
* Knowledge of recordkeeping and file maintenance practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of Native American culture preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Works with confidential, sensitive and/or proprietary information. Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Must be able to travel. Travel less than 25%.