Education and Experience:
Associate or Bachelor degree, preferably in Business, Culinary or Hospitality from an accredited college or university required. Must be an enrolled Tohono O’odham tribal member. NOTE for current Tohono O’odham tribal employees: you must have been employed continuously with the enterprise for a minimum of one year and currently hold a non-supervisory level position. You must have a satisfactory work performance and attendance record. All applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Depending upon the department selected by the Intern, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting in an office and casino/hotel setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.