Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED; plus five years experience in maintaining and repair of boilers chillers, air handler units, roof top units, cooling towers, energy management systems and HVAC equipment ; or any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education. HVAC certification required; must be able to maintain a valid AZ Arizona driver’s license and be insurable. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Supervisory ability.
* Ability to diagnose malfunctions of building mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of operation of the operation, repair and maintenance of various types of refrigeration equipment.
* Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
* Knowledge of refrigerant recovery.
* Knowledge of mechanical equipment, plumbing, utilities, distribution systems, and controls, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Working knowledge of HVAC and associated systems employing computer-based monitoring and control devises.
* Knowledge of HVAC, low temp refrigeration, commercial kitchen equipment and/or kitchen gas equipment.
* Knowledge of 24/7 environments and how to perform work.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge and ability to order parts, supplies or service manuals related to equipment or repairs.
* Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance according to published guidelines.
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems such as shorts, outages, faulty equipment, or other electrical malfunctions.
* Ability to repair and/or replace building mechanical systems components, including programmable logic controls.
* Ability to use computer-based monitoring and control devices in maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC systems.
* Ability to develop maintenance schedule for all HVAC commercial equipment and maintain records.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand; expected to climb stairs and ladders; walk for long distances throughout the day; work in mechanical rooms or on the roof all of which may be in excess of 100 degrees; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work may be performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.