HVAC/Central Plant Specialist (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs general maintenance, preventive maintenance, service, and repair commercial, boilers, chillers, air handlers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, water pumps, pneumatic control, refrigeration equipment, and HVAC.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains and repairs boilers, chillers and other related equipment such as air handlers, heat exchangers, water pumps and pneumatic controls for HVAC.
* Maintains cooling towers, blowers, fans, motors, expansion valves, condenser pumps, dampers and control valves in central plant.
* Contacts and coordinates schedules and oversees the on-site work of contractors and vendors.
* Formulates and implementation of a preventative maintenance program.
* Schedules and performs monthly preventive maintenance inspections on all HVAC commercial and refrigeration equipment.
* Installs new equipment and systems.
* Makes necessary repairs to maintain the property operations; responds to repair orders promptly and efficiently to avoid service disruption.
* Ensures and performs maintenance, servicing, remodeling, troubleshooting, and repair tasks; examines various electrical systems and makes recommendations for new equipment, repairs, and modifications.
* Responds and takes appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents, i.e. system failures, fires, flooding, or other emergencies.
* Inspects repairs and install boiler controls, evaluate water levels, pressure and temperature.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED plus five (5) years experience in maintaining and repair of boilers chillers, air handler units, roof top units, cooling towers, energy management systems and HVAC equipment; HVAC certification required; Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Supervisory ability.
* Knowledge of operation of the operation, repair and maintenance of various types of refrigeration equipment.
* Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
* Knowledge of refrigerant recovery.
* Knowledge of mechanical equipment, plumbing, utilities, distribution systems, and controls, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Working knowledge of HVAC and associated systems employing computer-based monitoring and control devises.
* Knowledge of HVAC, low temp refrigeration, commercial kitchen equipment and/or kitchen gas equipment.
* Knowledge of 24/7 environments and how to perform work.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge and ability to order parts, supplies or service manuals related to equipment or repairs.
* Ability to diagnose malfunctions of building mechanical systems.
* Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance according to published guidelines.
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems such as shorts, outages, faulty equipment, or other electrical malfunctions.
* Ability to repair and/or replace building mechanical systems components, including programmable logic controls.
* Ability to use computer-based monitoring and control devices in maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC systems.
* Ability to develop maintenance schedule for all HVAC commercial equipment and maintain records.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with personnel and the general public.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; expected to climb stairs and ladders; walk for long distances throughout the day; work in mechanical rooms or on the roof all of which may be in excess of 100 degrees; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work may be performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 10652