Human Resources Support Associate
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, enhances department’s effectiveness by performing specific clerical duties and tasks related to the employment and job application process; provides assistance to the Talent Acquisition team. Provides assistance to team members, applicants, and the general public regarding general Human Resources administrative matters. Provides reception services, answers basic questions, provides standard policy/procedural information, and refers matters pertaining to employment, team member benefits, compensation, and/or employee relations administration. Reviews, processes, and routes a wide range of incoming Human Resources documentation. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides information and assistance to job applicants with respect to the job search and application process; assists applicants with routine questions about job vacancies.
* Maintains posts, and distributes Position Announcements and pertinent team member notices as needed.
* Maintains applicant drug screen log.
* Responsible for verifying recruitment/employment invoices for payment.
* Administers the Talent Acquisition Communication Board and Talent Acquisition Calendars.
* Administers Pre-Employment Paperwork Process, including reports and ineligible notifications.
* Provides general information and answers routine questions regarding the application of Human Resources policies and procedures to team members; refers questions or concerns requiring policy interpretation to specialist HR staff, as appropriate.
* Provides general information and assistance on team member benefits, enrollment procedures and documentation, claims processing, and provider listings; refers complex issues requiring interpretation to specialist staff.
* Enters routine team member source data into the Human Resources information system under the guidance and review of senior representatives.
* Provides backup and assistance to other HR Staff members as required.
* Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department, ensuring professional telephone etiquette.
* Screens incoming calls and correspondence; exercises judgment and responds accordingly.
* Records and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate.
* Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel, maintaining professional and courteous demeanor.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus two years administrative or secretarial experience; experience in a Human Resources department preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of records management.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to represent the Human Resources department in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the HR department and the Casino.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.