Human Relations Business Partner
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under general supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Relations Business Partner is responsible for proactively developing and implementing policies, programs and procedures directly and indirectly related to employee relations. Provides strategic direction and input to leadership regarding overall Employee Relations matters. Serves as an impartial source within the organization to provide confidential and/or informed assistance to all levels of team members in resolving work related concerns. Assists team members in accessing the proper source to deal with issues, problems or questions through investigation, mediation and conciliation. Assists in the retention of team members. Assists and administers the drug-free workplace drug testing program, including record keeping and provider relations. Extensive interaction with departmental supervisors, managers, team members and public is required. Perform other related duties as directed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develops and administers progressive discipline policy and procedures. Reviews and approves disciplinary actions.
* Develops, maintains and interprets all personnel policies.
* Analyze casework trends to produce strategic, proactive recommendations to HR and the business to proactively address and mitigate systemic issues.
* Advises and counsels managers and supervisors regarding job performance and behavioral issues concerning their team members. Recommends appropriate courses of action.
* Build and leverage inclusive and collaborative relationships with departmental directors to develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs and policies.
* Works with managers and supervisors to document performance and/or disciplinary issues.
* Offer solutions and recommendations to Business Leaders when root causes of Employee Relations related trends are identified.
* Develops and conducts training classes for the Enterprise, related to Policies & Procedures, Human Resources, or Human Relations management.
* Conducts investigations regarding complaints and concerns brought forth by team members or management.
* Plans and coordinates Team Member engagement initiatives.
* Tracks and reviews all grievances. Coordinates grievance hearings and ensures that hearings are conducted according to direction and standards established by the Casino grievance policy and General Counsel. Provides advice and direction to the Casino’s Grievance Committee.
* Serves as internal contact for Employee Assistance Program.
* Reviews and approves all involuntary terminations consistent with Casino policies and procedures.
* Conducts exit interviews for terminated team members. Provides feedback to Human Resources and departmental management regarding trends revealed in the exit interviews.
* Develops and maintains a tracking system for all terminations.
* Reviews and responds to unemployment requests. Prepares and conducts all unemployment appeal hearings.
* Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Business Administration plus six (6) years employee relations experience to include employee engagement programs and activities. Gaming experience preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to work flexible schedule as required. Human Resources certifications preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to provide strategic direction and input to leadership regarding overall Employee Relations strategies that support the culture, company direction, and the growth needs of the business and its employees.
* Ability to understand Enterprise policies and practices, employment laws and other regulations to provide advice, guidance on Employee Relations inquiries.
* Ability to offer solutions and recommendations to leadership when root causes of Employee Relations related trends are identified.
* Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse team member related issues, concerns, situations, etc.
* Must uphold the highest standards with respect to confidentiality.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect.
* Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity and awareness on behalf of a diverse workforce.
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
* Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
* Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to employment.
* Ability to learn and administer company policy and procedures including Indian Preference Policy and Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance rules and regulations.
* Able to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines.
* Must have the ability to learn company’s philosophy on leadership, management and techniques.
* Multi-task oriented.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate with all levels of team members.
* Proficiency with Microsoft computer applications.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service skills at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Travel to all property locations will be required.