Human Relations Associate
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Human Relations Business Partner, is responsible for coordinating and assisting in the development and implementation of policies, programs and procedures directly and indirectly related to Employee Relations. Assists with the administration of the drug-free workplace drug testing program, including record keeping and provider relations. Extensive interaction with departmental supervisors, managers, team members and public is required. Perform other related duties as directed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists with development and administration of progressive discipline policy and procedures.
* Works with Human Relations Business Partner to document performance and/or disciplinary issues.
* Assist with preparation and coordination of training classes related to policies & procedures, Human Resources, or Human Relations management.
* Assist with the planning and implementation of Team Member engagement initiatives for the Enterprise, including special occasion and recognition events.
* Tracks all complaints and concerns brought forth by team members or management.
* Tracks all grievances, maintains grievance reports and coordinates grievance hearings.
* Maintains Employee Assistance Program reports and assist with implementation of 2nd Chance program.
* Documents all involuntary terminations consistent with Casino policies and procedures.
* Maintains a tracking system for all terminations, exit surveys, grievances, unemployment claims, HR investigations and Team Member complaints.
* Maintains records of all personnel policies and procedures.
* Assist with preparation and response to unemployment requests and tracks all unemployment appeal hearing documents.
* Assist with investigations and preparation of final reports.
* Under direction of Human Relations Business Partner, prepares reports, emails and other correspondence.
* Communicates with Human Relations Business Partner on an on-going basis regarding all employee relations activities.
* Performs administrative functions/duties as required to support Human Relations program.
* Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Business Administration
plus four (4) years employee relations experience to include employee engagement programs and activities. Gaming experience preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to work flexible schedule as required. Human Resources certifications preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability and willingness to adapt to changing duties and work schedules as this role may change at any time in accordance with business needs.
* Ability to coordinate team member conflicts and related issues, concerns, situations, etc.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
* Must uphold the highest standards with respect to confidentiality.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect.
* Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity and awareness on behalf of a diverse workforce.
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
* Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
* Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to employment.
* Ability to learn company policy and procedures including Indian Preference Policy and Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance rules and regulations.
* Able to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines.
* Multi-task oriented.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate with all levels of team members.
* Proficiency with Microsoft computer applications, Kronos and PeopleSoft.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service skills at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Travel to all property locations will be required.