HR Benefits Specialist
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Benefits Manager, performs a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical and professional work in analyzing and administering benefit programs while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. Serves as a resource, subject matter expert and day-to-day administrator of team member and vendor issues associated with Enterprise health & welfare programs, as well as the 401k Retirement Program and all Leave of Absence programs. Provides advice and guidance to team members on team member benefits and assists in the design and review of benefit programs and procedures, and leave plans.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible as assigned, for the implementation, communication and administration of the benefit and leave programs.
* Manages leave programs including Family Medical Leave (FML) and non-FML leaves of absence, including contact with Team Members, reporting and tracking.
* Provides individual benefits counseling to team members, as appropriate.
* Coordinates disability processes and payments and advocates for Team Members with vendors as appropriate.
* Performs daily administration of benefits plans including processing changes and updates in Human Resources Information System (HRIS), ensuring accuracy and making corrections and adjustments as necessary.
* Works with appropriate personnel to build and maintain benefits reports.
* Coordinates the benefit enrollment process for all team members, including new team member orientation and ensures proper enrollment in HRIS and carriers’ enrollment systems.
* Audits new hire elections before they are transmitted to vendor(s).
* Audits eligibility files to carriers and resolves any outstanding issues before transmitting.
* Ensures timely processing of Qualified Family Status Changes and Qualified Medical Support Court Orders (QMSCO).
* Coordinates Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) process with the Third Party Administrator (TPA).
* Assists with administration of the 401K plan including team member communications, enrollments, audits, compliance, and documentation.
* Coordinates the annual benefits renewal process in partnership with Manager, including reviewing premium renewal rates, implementing contribution strategy and obtaining all the appropriate information to support the annual open enrollment process.
* Participates in the planning, coordination and implementation of periodic benefits open enrollment programs for team members, including the development of content materials.
* Participates in the creation of the benefits strategy by collaborating with vendors and brokers.
* Proactively identifies opportunities for additional benefit programs or improvements to existing programs by researching viability and making recommendations.
* Facilitates the implementation of programs and/or benefit changes with all key departments.
* Supports and leads (where appropriate) implementation teams, creates and manages project plans, establishes timelines with key milestones, sets goals and drives project to completion.
* Partners with vendors to respond to issues as they arise.
* Presents information in both oral and written form and effectively listens to others.
* Interacts and collaborates effectively with a wide variety of people and vendors.
* Interacts with Enterprise team members extensively regarding their benefits and processing of these benefits.
* Establishes trusting and cooperative relationships due to the confidential nature of information.
* Coordinates the preparation and implementation of communications and educational programs and materials with regard to benefits and wellness programs.
* Researches complex and non-routine problems and develops recommendations for resolution.
* Completes benefits surveys and participates in the development of new or revised benefits policy recommendations.
* Administers and monitors the processing of all benefits documentation to ensure compliance with policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements; provides input into the design, implementation, and/or modification of documentation, as appropriate.
* Assists with annual compliance-related materials and notifications to Team Members including but not limited to 401k Fee Disclosure, Medicare Part D notice, Welfare Plan Summary Annual Report and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
* Assists with the development and implementation of Enterprise-wide wellness programs, including health fairs and related events (including developing specific initiatives such as biometric events, increasing use of preventative measures, etc) with the goal of promoting healthy lifestyles for team members and to reduce health related expenses.
* Compiles, analyzes, and reconciles financial and statistical data, and generates a range of individual and group financial and statistical reports for clients, benefits providers, management, and other constituencies.
* Reconciles benefits billings; resolves billing issues; prepares notifications; collects contributions; and distributes payments when necessary from team members.
* Maintains good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree plus four (4) years of working hands-on with employee benefit programs, with multi-property experience and a minimum of 1200 team members required, to include developing programs, direct interaction with team members related to benefits, compliance with pertinent legal issues including Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Cafeteria Plans (Section 125) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred. CEBS, PHR, SPHR or CBP certification preferred. Gaming experience preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions allowed. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and understanding of employee benefits principles, practices, procedures, and documentation.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to employee benefits, COBRA, and IRS Section 125, FMLA, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and 401(k).
* Knowledge of open enrollment systems and procedures.
* Knowledge of insurance carrier procedures and requirements.
* Knowledge of computerized human resources and payroll systems
* Knowledge of developing policy and procedure documentation.
* Knowledge of billing and collection procedures.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic mathematics.
* Ability and willingness to adapt to changing duties and work schedules as this role may change at any time in accordance with business needs.
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment, by being highly organized and able to perform in a very fast paced environment, proactively anticipating issues and executing for best outcome results.
* Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize projects.
* Ability to show initiative and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to analyze and develop creative solutions to complex benefits issues.
* Ability to make evaluative judgments.
* Ability to be proactive, resourceful, and solution oriented.
* Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepare reports.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to represent the Human Resources department in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the HR department and the Casino.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Skill in demonstrating strong problem-solving skills, ability to innovate and think creatively.
* Skill in operating business computers, in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 10639