Host/Hostess II-Part Time
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Venue Manager, Host/Hostess II maintains efficient and courteous food and beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guest’s needs, providing knowledgeable Food & Beverage service, and providing consistent professional guest relations with a positive upbeat personality. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow all alcohol beverage and food handling policy guidelines as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent guest service to all guests.
- Provides efficient, smooth, and accessible guest service in coordination with kitchen staff when food offerings and specials are provided.
- Accepts and confirms reservations daily.
- Greets and seats guests to their dining table.
- Operates POS to conduct sales transactions, handles cash and makes change as required.
- Computes bills, itemizes lists and balances tickets.
- Responsible for cash handling and tendering checks.
- Manages floor seating and schematic set up.
- Handles reservation system with accurate maintenance of data base and information.
- Maintains a neat, orderly and stocked host/hostess desk.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
- Ensures all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete.
- Ensures entry doors are clean, free of debris.
- Check with managers to assure there are no large or private parties scheduled.
- Maintains seating charts and organization of reservations including knowledge of dining room and entryway.
- Distributes and tracks evenly all guests to servers.
- Keeps constant contact with the servers and the kitchen staff to obtain a smooth service.
- Must have high energy and motivated personality.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
- Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED preferred, plus recent experience in the restaurant field as a server or host; restaurant must be a considered a fast casual dining establishment with host like duties, preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, tips certification, Food Handlers certification, cash handling training, obtain and maintain gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and guest service.
- knowledge of all menu items
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Knowledge of cash handling.
- Ability to service guests in a professional appearance and manner.
- Strong ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
- Knowledge of State Laws regarding Alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
- Knowledge of POS system and or reservations system.
- Knowledge of internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s dining room and kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke, and high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays, and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.