|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the F&B Supervisor and F&B Front of the House Intern, Host/Hostess I maintains efficient and courteous food and beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guest’s needs, providing knowledgeable food & beverage service, and providing consistent professional guest relations with a positive upbeat personality. Works efficiently in a team-based environment and must follow Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE Internal Controls (ICs), consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent guest service to all guests.
* Provides efficient, smooth, and accessible guest service in coordination with kitchen staff when food offerings and specials are provided.
* Accepts and confirms reservations daily.
* Greets and seats guests to their dining table.
* Operates Point of Sale (POS) to conduct sales transactions, handles cash and makes change as required.
* Computes bills, itemizes lists and balances tickets.
* Responsible for cash handling and tendering checks.
* Manages floor seating and schematic set up.
* Handles reservation system with accurate maintenance of data base and information.
* Maintains a neat, orderly and stocked host/hostess desk.
* Maintains seating charts and organization of reservations including knowledge of dining room and entryway.
* Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
* Ensures all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete.
* Ensures entry doors are clean, free of debris.
* Check with managers to assure there are no large or private parties scheduled.
* Distributes and tracks evenly all guests to servers.
* Keeps constant contact with the servers and the kitchen team members to obtain a smooth service.
* Must have high energy and a motivated personality.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team member to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED preferred, plus recent experience in the restaurant field as a server or host; restaurant must be considered a high-volume table side service restaurant Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation and TIPS certification and obtain and maintain a gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to obtain a Food Handler’s card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to pass Host I Skill Set Testing
* Ability to service guests in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Strong ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
* Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and guest service.
* Knowledge of all menu items.
* Knowledge of Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws regarding alcohol service and assertiveness in the enforcement of said alcohol laws.
* Knowledge of POS system and or reservations system.
* Knowledge of IC and commitment to follow, consistently.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the casino’s dining room and kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke, and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays, and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 10868