Guest Service Agent
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Be part of our Team!
Under direct supervision of the Front Desk Supervisor, greets and escorts incoming Hotel guests to rooms, assists with hand luggage, and offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of Resort points of interest, entertainment, and attractions.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Greets, assists with luggage and escorts guests to rooms.
* Projects a positive and out-going image to guests.
* Provides information pertaining to services and facilities.
* Assists guest with any special requests, such as directions or travel arrangements.
* Inspects guest’s room to ensure furnishings are in order and supplies are adequate.
* Explains features of room such as operations of radio, television, and night-lock, and how to place telephone calls.
* Delivers messages and run errands for the guest within the facilities.
* Picks up/delivers articles for laundry from/to guest room(s).
* Delivers packages, suitcases, and trunks.
* Delivers amenities to guest rooms.
* Keeps the Lobby clean, neat and organized at all times.
* Enters in messages and package delivery information into hotel PMS.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Picks- up trash on the floor, chairs, sofas when working through out the property.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. One year customer service experience is preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and push a cart weighing up to 150 pounds.
Work is generally performed outdoors and in a Hotel setting a moderate noise level. Evening, holiday and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts are also required.