Grounds Tech (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs routine grounds maintenance that includes trimming, watering, raking, moving, weeding, planting and trash/litter removal. Operates truck and/or powered grounds equipment. Makes minor irrigation repairs and irrigation timer adjustments.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Irrigates landscaped areas as needed.
* Replants landscaped areas as needed.
* Picks up and disposes of litter.
* Trims weeds around walks, flowerbeds, and walks using appropriate hand tools.
* Performs hand-weeding activities.
* Lays sod as appropriate to the requirements of the facility.
* Trims trees and bushes.
* Assists with small construction tasks such as excavating and handling and/or transportation of equipment and materials.
* Picks up trash on regular schedule.
* Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned (other duties may require on occasion to repair and maintain physical structure or equipment of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise facilities).
* Makes minor repairs to the irrigation and adjustments to the irrigation timer.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of grounds maintenance and turf equipment operations.
* Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
* Ability to perform grounds maintenance tasks.
* Ability to use hand and power tools.
* Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.