General Purpose Maintenance/EVS Custodian
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino Why - Why Manager on Duty, performs basic preventive maintenance, repair on facilities grounds and equipment. Cleans and maintains the offices, common areas, casino floor, and restrooms.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent and friendly service to all guest.
* Cleans and shine slot machines/chairs on continues basis, as machines are not being played by guest.
* Cleans, sanitizes, and deodorizes restrooms; replaces soap and paper products.
* Cleans all ashtrays free of cigarette butts and other debris.
* Ensures all areas around slot machines and floor are free of debris and clean at all times.
* Remove trash from casino, transporting to trash receptacle.
* Clean Employees Dining Area continuously to ensure it is maintained clean throughout shift.
* Sweeps and mops hard surface floors.
* Dusts and polishes furniture; cleans offices fixtures.
* Washes windows, walls, and mirrors.
* Properly cleans and disposes of Bio-Hazard Waste according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
* Removes trash from outside trash bins when needed.
* Vacuums all carpets.
* Cleans vents and light fixtures.
* Cleans up any spills that occur.
* Responsible for chemicals, equipment, supplies and key dispensers used within custodians shift and return to appropriate station after shift ends.
* Removes gum from carpet and hard surface floors.
* Ensures self services drinking stations are clean at all times.
* Complete scheduled check list of areas for preventative maintenance, cleanliness, and operations of all facilities assets.
* Repairs and maintains physical structures of the Tohono O'odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) Facilities.
* Performs basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry preventative maintenance and repairs such as replacing.
* Uses power and hand tools to perform repair and maintenance work.
* Drives trucks to transport materials and supplies.
* Orders parts and supplies.
* Follows proper procedure when ordering and purchasing parts and submitting paper work.
* Replaces defective lighting components and makes minor repairs as necessary.
* Paints structures, repairs plaster and woodwork with carpenter tools.
* Repairs or replaces mechanical equipment in buildings as needed.
* Repairs or replaces routine plumbing fixtures as necessary.
* Performs routine maintenance tasks on the casino facilities daily.
* Responsible for the safety and security of personnel within the casino by ensuring the safety devices are in good working conditions.
* Mixes prepared paints and paints a variety of exterior and interior surfaces.
* Performs small patch plaster jobs.
* Completes general landscaping repairs.
* Performs urgent maintenance and repairs including opening sewer blockages.
* Accomplishes clean-up of equipment and shops.
* Assists in any and all facility inspections of any kind.
* Attends and participates in meetings and planning sessions.
* Opens, tracks, and closes out work orders; conducts data entry on work orders with CMMS system.
* Conducts inventory of materials, re-orders, and stocks materials.
* Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Assists in building emergencies such as fire alarms, water and electrical outages.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 2 years experience in general maintenance field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must have a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of basic maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Knowledge of custodial chemicals.
* Knowledge of rough and finish carpentry.
* Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
* Ability to work with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prepare and maintain work orders with a computerized work order system.
* Ability to use basic hand tools.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability and willingness to learn theory and principles, and to become certified in a variety of building trades.
* Ability to continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
* Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
* Ability to work independently in assigned area/s.
* Ability to learn additional computer programs.
* Skill in diagnosing basic electrical and mechanical problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift, pull, move or push up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a casino setting both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.