General Manager (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer develops and maintains a property operating team capable of achieving financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth for the property. Furthermore, provides the operating team with daily leadership and management necessary to achieve financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth for the property.
This list of responsibilities and duties is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Develops and recommends financial, operational, and guest service expectations, as well as operational plans to achieve them.
* Develops, approves and implements capital, labor, and financial budgets and monitors ongoing adherence to them.
* Develops and maintains a team of management and team members willing and able to execute approved operational plans and achieve the financial, operational, and guest service expectations for the property.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures property and departmental financial, operational, and guest service expectations and results are accurately and regularly communicated in a clear, concise, and complete manner.
* Ensures human resources are protected, maintained, and utilized efficiently and effectively to maximize return to the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
* Ensures all departments and team members receive leadership, management, staffing, training, and equipment necessary to meet the financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth.
* Provides daily leadership and management to property team members necessary to achieve the financial, operational, and guest service expectations for the property.
* Facilitates regular and frequent interaction between multi-property Directors and property Managers to better achieve the financial, operational, and guest service expectations set for the property.
* Conducts regular staff meetings with those team members directly reporting to this position. Attends all multi-property director meetings.
* Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, schedules, supervises, evaluates, coaches, and terminates team members in the positions directly reporting to this position.
* Designs, prepares and disseminates monthly property and departmental reports and analyses necessary to achieve financial, operational, and guest service expectations.
* Regularly reviews property and departmental statistical and financial data for fluctuations and trends. Issues a formal report of findings and the actions taken to exploit the positive and correct the negative.
* Contributes a team effort.
* Approves all capital purchases and expenditures exceeding a specified amount.
* Approves Internal Controls, Policies and Procedures, training manuals, and job descriptions including those created by multi-property directors; coordinates their implementation, and monitors their effectiveness.
* Approves security measures preventing cheating, theft, and embezzlement are in place including those created by multi-property directors; coordinates their implementation, and monitors their effectiveness.
* Approves formal team member training programs created by multi-property directors, coordinates their implementation, and monitors their effectiveness.
* Approves performance evaluation programs created by multi-property directors, ensuring they meet the property’s needs, coordinates their implementation, and monitors their effectiveness.
* Approves special promotions and events created by multi-property directors, assists in coordinating their implementation, monitors their effectiveness, and evaluates their results.
* Creates and maintains a positive image of the property, operations, team members, and to all guests, local communities, and regulatory agencies.
* Establishes and maintains excellent guest service.
* Establishes and maintains positive relationships with gaming industry consultants, vendors, trainers, and industry members to ensure adequate and timely access to a base of gaming operations knowledge.
* Consistently and visibly role models the behavior and appearance desired of all property team members.
* Maintains current knowledge, industry standards, practices, trends, products, and regulatory requirements and issues of gaming operations and associated support functions.
* Performs other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business plus 7 years experience in the gaming industry, 5 of the 7 years of which must be in managerial positions; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic math.
* Knowledge of problem solving techniques.
* Knowledge of procedures and casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of support functions and operations in the casino environment.
* Knowledge of facility maintenance.
* Knowledge of management techniques.
* Knowledge of security, surveillance and fraud detection techniques.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to interact effectively with Tribal, State and National Regulatory Officials.
* Ability to develop budgets and monitor expenses.
* Ability to supervise and train team members, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to multi-task efficiently.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and guests at all levels.
* Ability to work as a team member and foster a positive working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Skill in guest service, human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate to high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.