Front Desk Agent
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Be a Part of our Team!
Under direct supervision of the Front Desk Supervisor, welcomes and serves guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner with check in, check out and other related services. Maintains confidentiality of all information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Registers guests, collects payment and records data pertaining to payment funds and expenditures.
Assigns accommodations to guests.
Resolves Hotel guests complaints.
Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
Answers inquire concerning travel routes, recreational facilities, scenic attractions and dining establishments.
Answers incoming calls, greetings callers, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary.
Assists guests in making any future reservations.
Handles and verifies all complimentary vouchers for any comp rooms are received.
Answers guest questions about property.
Upon request, arranges medical aid for Hotel guests via the Security Office.
Complies with all cash and credit card handling procedures.
Wears proper uniforms at all times.
Upholds the Hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus one year hotel front office operations and/or customer service. Must be 18 years of age or older. Working knowledge of computers and able to type 25 word per minute. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of principles and practices of customer service in a Hotel environment.
* Knowledge of computer, fax copier utilization in business operations.
* Knowledge of surrounding areas and points of interest.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English. Bi-lingual in English /Spanish helpful but not required.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
* Ability to present oneself in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to multitask.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Skill in utilizing Hotel reservation software.
* Ability to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use of hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed indoors in a Hotel setting with a moderate noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts are also required.