Food & Beverage Supervisor - Intern (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Management Internship for Food and Beverage department. Under general supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Venue Manager. The program is an opportunity to provide supervisory exposure and training to hospitality service in Native American gaming. Offering on-the-job operational training in the Food and Beverage department. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow, Title 4 (Arizona liquor law), all alcohol beverage and food handling policy guidelines as well as all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) internal controls, consistently. The Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Venue Manager Intern Position will be for a maximum of one year.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Works together with Food & Beverage Manager, Executive Sous Chef or assigned Mentor on creating long-range training goals and objectives to help increase job knowledge within the department and TOGE.
* Duties will include working in all venues within the Food and Beverage department to gain knowledge and experience of respective departments.
* Duties and responsibilities may include extensive cash handling, administrative duties, shadowing assigned personnel to learn about the various positions and departmental functions, including policies and procedures, and Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). In addition, the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Venue Manager Intern will be required to attend training specific to the position he/she are assigned.
* Performs multi-tasking duties such as: Typing, word processing, processing of various paperwork transactions and data entry tasks.
* Demonstrates professionalism, confidentiality and excellent customer service skills.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Must be an enrolled Tohono O’odham tribal member. Current Tohono O’odham tribal team members must have a satisfactory work performance and attendance record. Must be 18 years of age or older. Associate or Bachelor degree in Business, Culinary or Hospitality preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have high energy and motivated personality and encompass positive, motivating leadership qualities.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to coach, mentor and train team members to follow Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) regulations and alcohol enforcement.
* Ability to successfully obtain and maintain a food handler’s card and Alcohol Training certification.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in Basic English.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to learn from other professionals and hands on experience.
* Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.