Food & Beverage Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
High Volume Food & Beverage Experience Required! Gaming or Hospitality Experience Preferred.
Schedule Tuesday - Saturday.
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Talent Acquisition Manager, proactively identifies and recruits talent in a highly competitive employment marketplace, is responsible of developing a strong pipeline of applicants/candidates through networking, direct sourcing, internet mining and applicant tracking tools. Understands the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise’s recruiting strategy, identifies source, develops and executes recruiting plans to meet the organization’s staffing needs. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Consults Human Resources Management to understand business needs and define staffing needs.
* Develops and quickly executes sourcing strategies that deliver high caliber talent and timely results.
* Ensures hiring needs of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) are met with quality hires in a timely and cost effective manner while delivering a positive experience for candidates and hiring managers.
* Ensures regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment/hiring process are compliant with federal, state legislation, and Indian Preference Policy.
* Enters all applicant information into human resource information system.
* Responsible for recruitment of entry, professional, supervisor, management, director, and C-Suite levels.
* Responsible for ensuring postings of all vacancies to attract the largest applicant pool.
* Understands industry trends to effectively use the most current sourcing strategies.
* Assists with establishing and generating weekly and monthly talent acquisition metrics/reports ensuring accuracy, data integrity and timeliness.
* Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
* Sources applicants through various methods including advertising, resume searches, job sites, career fairs and college career centers.
* Conducts independent sourcing via social, networking and cold calls.
* Works closely with Hiring Managers to maximize effectiveness of recruiting/ hiring process.
* Reviews and verifies incoming and outgoing documentation for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
* Resolves or assists in the resolution of policy-related, process-related, or procedural problems and/or inquiries received from department representatives, team members and/or applicants.
* Closes positions based on posting dates.
* Performs specialized technical tasks, such as pre-posting dialogues, first level screening/interviewing of applicants, preparation of vacancy announcements, surveys and statistical analyses, and/or participation in informational presentations.
* Prepares documents and composes routine correspondence, as required, on specific policy and procedural issues.
* Gathers information, conducts basic data analysis, and assists in the development of reports.
* Performs specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested.
* Provides assistance and coordination in the development and maintenance of specialized Human Resources data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
* Participates in special talent acquisition and outreach activities such as job fairs, team member orientations, and applicant counseling.
* Conducts job fairs on the Indian reservations to increase employment of tribal members.
* Develops, expedites, and maintains files, records, and other documents.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of recruitment experience; Must have experience in sourcing and recruiting in diverse business setting (entry level, mid-level, and senior level positions). Must have experience in managing applicant tracking systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. High volume recruitment experience in new facility opening preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of sales techniques to engage passive candidates by cold-calling, social media, etc.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Database management skills.
* Interviewing skills.
* Result oriented.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Skill in the use of personal computers intermediate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related software applications.
* Records maintenance skills.
* Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of recruitment.
* Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Knowledge of Human Resources processes, procedures, and documentation.
* Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to represent the Human Resources department in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the Human Resources department and the casino.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second- hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.