Food & Beverage Assistant Manager (West Valley) - Steak & Seafood
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Food Court Manager, Bar Manager, or Restaurant Manager (based on assigned venue), oversees operations for the Food & Beverage operations and maintains professional, efficient and courteous Food and Beverage operations; by greeting guests and team members, establishing a rapport with them, and giving them outstanding service and training in a professional and timely manner. Works in tandem with culinary staff to exceed guest’s expectations. Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures all repairs are made timely and accurately.
* Ensures the interior surroundings are safe, clean, and professional.
* Ensures an engaged, empowered and high performance workplace culture.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Responsible for the delivery of service for Food & Beverage functions.
* Responds and resolves customer complaints.
* Responsible for quality control of items being served.
* Fills requisitions for warehouse.
* Orders nonfood items for all outlets.
* Trains staff members, organizes workloads and directs staff.
* Creates schedules according to functions.
* Conducts monthly inventory.
* Provides exceptional guest service to all guests in a friendly, efficient manner.
* Conducts performance evaluations on subordinates for purposes of job performance, counseling, and/or disciplinary action and other supervisory responsibilities.
* Works with the Food & Beverage Department to coordinate all functions.
* Serves alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to casino guests and ensures that legal drinking age are followed and complies with all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE alcohol controls.
* Adheres to all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE internal controls.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Analyzes member survey results and regular member/guest feedback. Partners with management to identify opportunities for improvement to be addressed with effective training solutions.
* Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Model the company standards and lead by example
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 5 years of recent dining room food service or restaurant management experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills with team members and the public.
* Knowledge of restaurant management.
* Knowledge of inventory practices.
* Knowledge of management techniques.
* Knowledge of dining, buffet and food maintenance operations and customer service.
* Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages and desserts.
* Knowledge of POS systems.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with other staff and general public.
* Ability to service customers in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
* Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
* Skill in the use of computer, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a restaurant and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.