F&B Front of the House Intern
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Management Internship for Food and Beverage department. Under general supervision of the F&B Shift Manager. The program is an opportunity to provide supervisory exposure and training to hospitality service in Native American gaming. Offering on-the-job operational training in the Food and Beverage department. Works efficiently in a team-based environment and must follow, Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws, all alcohol beverage and food handling policy guidelines as well as all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) Internal Controls (ICs), consistently. The F&B Front of the House Intern position will be for a maximum of one (1) year.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Duties will include working in all venues within the Food and Beverage Department to gain knowledge and experience of respective departments.
* Duties and responsibilities may include extensive cash handling, administrative duties, shadowing assigned personnel to learn about the various positions and departmental functions, including policies and procedures, and Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws; in addition, the F&B Front of the House Intern will be required to attend training specific to the position he/she is assigned to.
* Works together with F&B Shift Manager or assigned Mentor on creating long-range training goals and objectives to help increase job knowledge within the department and of the TOGE
* Performs multi-tasking duties such as: Typing, word processing, processing of various paperwork transactions and data entry tasks.
* Demonstrates professionalism, confidentiality and excellent customer service skills.
* Other duties as directed by the respective Food & Beverage Leadership.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Must be an enrolled Tohono O’odham Tribal Member. Current Tohono O’odham tribal team members must have a satisfactory work performance and attendance record. Must be 18 years of age or older. Associate or Bachelor degree in Business, Culinary or Hospitality preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation and obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have high energy and motivated personality and encompass positive, motivating leadership qualities.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
* Ability to obtain TIPS Certification.
* Ability to coach, mentor and train team members to follow Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws regulations and alcohol enforcement.
* Ability to successfully obtain and maintain a Food Handler’s card and Alcohol Training certification.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to learn from other professionals and hands on experience.
* Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 10843