|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Facilities Director, oversees the repair and maintenance of all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) properties, company vehicles, treatment facility and project construction.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
* Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
* Develop and implement policies and procedures for department.
* Supervises and directs subordinates in the performance of their duties.
* Conducts technical training and supervisory training for subordinates.
* Interviews and recommends new team members for hire. Makes recommendations for termination, promotion, disciplinary action or rewards, training, transfer and other personnel actions. Evaluates subordinates’ performance.
* Requisitions supplies and equipment, as needed.
* Plans and supervises scheduled maintenance.
* Provides carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and other services
to other departments as feasible, coordinating services requiring outside contractors.
* Emphasizes safety and oversees procedures for emergency response to unsafe
conditions, ensuring there is no risk of jeopardizing the guests’ experience
or team member safety.
* Prepares budgets and monitors expenditures.
* Provides management with weekly job status reports on projects completed, new projects started, project pending, etc.
* Prepares Shift Reports and Weekly Status Reports.
* Ensures that the Facilities Department is in compliance with policies and procedures,
regulations, ordinance, gaming compact, National Indian Gaming Commission
(NIGC), state and federal regulations.
* Monitors staff performance to ensure customer service standards are achieved.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years related technical experience in specialty or general maintenance field or trade; Management experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must posses a valid driver’s license. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of materials, methods, practices and equipment used in building maintenance and general construction activities.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices used in the skilled trades, including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices, and safety precautions in accordance with applicable state, county, or federal laws and regulations regarding workplace safety.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Skill in managing budgets.
* Skill in managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
* Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
* Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team members regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team members frequently is required to stand; and walk. The team members occasionally is required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in office setting, Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level as well as, outdoors at maintenance work sites. Exposure to natural weather conditions, various dusts and mists, and normal debris and hazards common at construction sites may occur while performing outdoor duties. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may arise. Prolonged standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.