|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under general direction of the General Manager, provides strategic leadership, coordination, and administrative oversight to the integrated facilities planning, and physical plant management, and real estate functions of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides overall leadership and coordination to the Physical Plant, Facilities Planning, and Real Estate functions, ensuring optimal integration, synergy, and cost-efficiency in the development and implementation of operating plans, systems, and procedures.
* Develops and maintains currency of a comprehensive facilities Master Plan incorporating all institutional facilities and real estate assets; ensures that the Master Plan remains consistent with and responsive to the mission, goals and objectives, and overall strategic plan.
* Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
* Oversees and evaluates all facilities management operations; provides administrative direction to ensure that all facilities planning, development, and management activities and initiatives are consistent with the strategic, operational, and fiscal needs and objectives.
* Provides strategic planning, and guidance in the management of the real estate portfolio; leads and coordinates overall real estate planning for the institution, and ensures that all real estate plans and operations support the mission, strategic plan, and business goals and objectives.
* Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; recruits, employs, trains, supervises, and evaluates unit staff.
* Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
* Represents to various institutional divisions as well as externally to the media, governmental agencies, prospective funding agencies and individuals, prospective vendors, and/or a range of constituencies within the community at large.
* Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
* Oversees the physical maintenance operations.
* Manages and administers alteration/modifications to existing facilities.
* Manages the execution of the construction projects such as the approval and payment of invoices. Negotiates change orders.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of experience in construction and facilities management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Gaming experience preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the facilities and physical plant requirements of a large, diverse, multipurpose public institution
* Ability to establish and implement cohesive and synergistic business strategies on an institution-wide basis.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Knowledge of real estate management principles and techniques.
* Knowledge and understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
* Knowledge and understanding of the principles, processes, and requirements for strategic planning.
* Knowledge of policies and procedures, regulations and bylaws, and the legal environment within which they operate.
* Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Team member development and performance management skills.
* Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Advanced leadership skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple programs and initiatives.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand; and walk. The team member occasionally is required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.