Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus one year of environmental services supervisory/lead experience or a minimum of 18 months in the Environmental Services cleaning profession (any industry). Must be 18 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation and obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
* Knowledge of Environmental Services chemicals.
* Ability to work with little to no supervision.
* Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers and customers at all levels.
* Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ensure MSDS are updated as needed and in proper designated areas.
* Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Takes messages from Environmental Services Attendants and other staff and post in designated area.
* Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
* Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Ability to delegate responsibilities to staff when needed.
* Attends monthly meeting to ensure continues communication within department occurs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.