Environmental Services Shift Manager (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under general direction of Environmental Services Assistant Manager, supervises the daily activities of Environmental Services, including personnel assignments, training and management, quality assurance, problem resolution, and inventory control.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Applies fair and consistent supervision
* Hires, manages, directs and supervises the Environmental Service staff and directs activities in their individual and department to overall cleanliness of the gaming facilities.
* Ensures all inventory is adequately stocked and ordered in a timely manner.
* Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies and procedures.
* Provides excellent and friendly service to all guests.
* Supervises the Environmental Services Supervisors on a daily duties.
* Conducts performance appraisals and disciplinary actions as needed.
* Plans, coordinates and directs daily job tasks or assignments.
* Trains staff and assigns daily tasks to subordinates.
* Maintains records on team members, equipment and maintenance activities.
* Organizes workload to ensure deadlines are met; schedules all team members and assigns work.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures care, maintenance and utilization of equipment’s, orders adequate supplies to meet work needs.
* Enters and approves bi-weekly Environmental Services payroll.
* Inspects work areas to ensure consistency and quality of work and adherence to established procedures, safety regulations and standards. Prepares daily checklist on daily performance.
* Responds to inquiries and researches and resolves problems for day-to-day operational issues.
* Coaches/counsels Environmental Services staff when necessary.
* Prepares and submits reports.
* Oversees work schedules for personnel and quarterly rotation schedules.
* Involved in continuously training to ensure Environmental Services staff is updated on new chemicals and cleaning techniques.
* Performs Environmental Services duties as necessary.
* Initiates work orders on any building maintenance issues.
* Inspects the work activities of a group of Environmental Services Attendants Supervisors and prepares daily checklist.
* Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus (3) year of environmental services supervisory/lead experience in the service cleaning profession (any industry). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation and obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
* Knowledge of Environmental Services chemicals.
* Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
* Knowledge of department policies and procedures and possess the ability to enforce.
* Ability to ensure a well-maintained facilities.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and guests at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to be able to work weekends, holidays and rotate shifts.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
* Ability to delegate responsibilities to staff when needed.
* Ability to maintain outstanding, exemplary attendance.
* Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgement.
* Ability to interact with personnel of all levels, vendors and contractors.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and practice the chain of command.
* Ensure SDS are updated as needed and in proper designated areas.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access and presentation software (such as PowerPoint)
* Skill in providing leadership to supervising, training and evaluating assigned staff.
* Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions and implementing recommendations.
* Attends monthly meeting to ensure continues communication within department occurs.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.