Environmental Services Floor Technician
Under direct supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains all internal and external carpet and hard surface floor areas: Concrete, stained concrete, tile or terrazzo.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent and friendly service to all internal/external guests.
* Ensures all hard floors are maintained clean at all times.
* Sweep, dust mop and mop hard surface floor through out the casino.
* Performs hard floor care maintenance as needed. Includes strip, applying finish, machine scrubbing, and high speed burnishing.
* Ensures all areas of carpeted floor are picked up and clean at all times.
* Removes all gum from carpet and hard floor surfaces on a daily basis.
* Vacuums/extracts all carpets and foot boards to gaming machines.
* Performs fabric extractions on chairs and all other furniture.
* Maintains all equipment in clean, safe working order at all times.
* Informs supervisor of any defects or repairs needed in buildings.
* Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must have six months hard floor and carpet care maintenance experience. Must be 18 years of age or older and have a current AZ Driver’s License. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
* Knowledge of environmental services chemicals.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and guests at all levels.
* Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.