Environmental Services Attendant (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains the offices, common areas, casino floor, restrooms and loading dock area.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent and friendly service to all internal/external guests.
* Cleans and shine slot machines/chairs on continues basis, as machines are not being played by patrons.
* Cleans, sanitizes, and deodorizes restrooms; replaces soap and paper products. Sweeps and mops as needed.
* Cleans all ashtrays free of cigarette butts and other debris and dispose properly.
* Ensures all areas around slot machines and floor are free of debris and clean at all times.
* Ensures self-services drinking stations are clean at all times.
* Remove trash from casino, transporting to trash compactor.
* Clean team member’s Dining Room continuously to ensure it is maintained clean throughout shift.
* Sweep and mop hard surface floors.
* Dusts and polishes furniture; cleans offices fixtures.
* Washes windows, window frames, walls, and mirrors.
* Properly cleans and dispose of Bio-Hazard Waste as needed according to OSHA regulations.
* Removes trash from outside trash bins as needed.
* Vacuums all carpets including along baseboards.
* Cleans vents and light fixtures, lift training provided if necessary to receive certification.
* Cleans up any spills that occur.
* Maintains loading dock clean and free of debris.
* Responsible for chemicals, equipment, supplies and key dispensers used within custodians shift and return to appropriate station after shift ends.
* Removes gum from carpet and hard surface floors, reports to supervisor for appropriate floor crew to follow up.
* Informs supervisor of any defects or repairs needed in buildings.
* Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Maintains knowledge of ongoing casino promotions.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Previous Custodial, Housekeeping, or Environmental Services experience preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to walk on average 5 miles/10,000 steps per shift. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
* Knowledge of environmental services chemicals.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers and customers at all levels.
* Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to work independently in assigned area.
* Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk for an average of 5 miles/10,000 steps per shift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member is required to sit, stand; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift, pull, move or push up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.